Friday, June 28, 2013

Update since I have not added anything new lately

So... I've introduced *recipe day* in the house.. once a week I experiment with food..creating my own take on a recipe, currently anything Asian and mostly on the crock-pot...so it can simmer and cook and I'm not necessarily stuck in the kitchen, specially with the children out of school. I will try to actually measure or at least guesstimate measurement so that I can post the recipes and you can try your own version. I will say right up front.... that don't be skeptical at the amount of spices I put in.
When I first started playing with the crock-pot, following recipes from others I quickly realized that the measurements for spices they gave where good for if I would cook the meal on the stove or in the oven but not in the crock-pot..it would turn out bland since the crock-pot is such a long cooking process that a small amount of spices will have completely cooked out. So I put quite a bit of spice in, or add halfway through to preserve flavor..you might have to add even more, or dial back a bit when you try it, all depends on your own personal taste.


Also...a friend of mine has been haunting my German cookbook and I will get a list from her within the next few days for recipes she would like translated and converted over...so there should be more German recipes up soon too.

And now I have to go write the recipe for my version of crock-pot Mongolian beef down, that is cooking right now and after we tasted it tonight I will post it with a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment